Friday, April 24, 2009

Solidarity T-Shirts by Paulo Coelho & Mango


Paulo Coelho and the fashion brand Mango have created a collection of T-shirts illustrated with sentences by the author.

More than half of the earnings from the sales of these T-shirts will be destined to the Paulo Coelho Institute in Brazil, where 450 children study and get food, love, education and the possibility to develop their artistic skills. The Institute is exclusively financed by the author's copyrights.

"I knew it was impossible to change my country, Brazil. It was impossible to change my state and my neighbourhood, but I thought I might change my street at the end of which there is a favela," claims Coelho.

40,000 T-shirts have been marketed in 450 shops in 68 countries with 6 different sentences by the author such as "Never give up on your dreams, follow the signs", “The patch to wisdom is not being afraid to make mistakes” and “The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back”.

The T-shirts are already the top-selling item at all Mango shops around the world.
.

1 comment: